Manager Dundullimal Homestead
Manager – Dundullimal Homestead
National Trust of Australia (NSW)
• Location: Dubbo NSW
• Job Type: Full-time
• Category: Business
• Sectors: Arts, Culture, Heritage
• Reports to: Director, Commercial
• Hours of work: FTE approx. 35 hours per week including weekend days
• Salary Package: $75k including Superannuation and leave loading
The National Trust of Australia (New South Wales) is Australia’s leading heritage conservation organisation, a not-for-profit, community based charity in operation for more than 75 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations through advocating for the conservation and protection of our built, cultural and natural heritage. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
Located on the edge of Dubbo, Dundullimal Homestead is believed to be the oldest surviving sophisticated slab house in Australia and offers a museum with guided tours, café, events and venue hire opportunities.
As Manager you will be responsible for management of the property and all aspects of the visitor experience to ensure it is a welcoming, accessible and inclusive environment. The property is currently open 4 days per week including the weekend.
About the Role
We are seeking an engaging and charismatic manager to run all operational aspects of the property, with support from a team of enthusiastic volunteers.
Ideally this role will suit someone who has demonstrated a keen eye for customer experience and knows how to transition a site to a year round destination.
It’s a dynamic role at a heritage site and we need someone who can take on a challenge. To deliver this role successfully you’ll need to have:
• A keen eye for detail, taking on responsibility for all aspects of the visitor experience.
• Flexible approach to leadership, managing a team of volunteers, with support from contractors.
• Strong organisation and planning skills, supporting and delivering property operations including site maintenance, housekeeping, education, retail, venue hire, events, partnerships and programming.
• Have a passion for enabling access to cultural heritage sites and ensuring all visitors feel welcome.
• Understanding of the aims and ethos of the National Trust, in particular the ambition for developing the financial sustainability of properties.
• You enjoy working alongside volunteers and be able to provide on-the-job leadership and training.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
• Free entry to our properties
• Salary Packaging with a NFP organisation
We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of a regional cultural attraction to the wider community, who is innovative and knows how to bring a property to life in ways that engage the community while still honouring our conservation ideals. We offer a flexible work environment and a great workplace culture that is focused on bringing the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia and be fully vaccinated to apply for this job.
For a full position description or any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email email@example.com
To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to: firstname.lastname@example.orgFind out more
You might also be interested in:
Work Health and Safety Officer
This job is with The National Gallery of Australia and closes on 25 May 2022.
Project Officer, Recordkeeping Standards & Advice
This job is with the State Archives and Records Authority and closes on 26 May 2022.