At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city.
The Manager, Cultural Strategy provides strategic leadership to drive the delivery of the Creative City Cultural Policy and Action Plan 2014-2024.
This senior role leads a small team of professionals charged with identifying issues, opportunities and challenges and determining the means by which the City can address them to enhance the cultural life of the city.
It is also responsible for embedding cultural understanding and priorities across other City divisions and business units, ensuring the development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of cultural projects and programs to support strategic outcomes. It is expected that this role develop and maintain strategic relationships with the cultural sector, business, academia and government to further the City’s cultural objectives.
The primary focus of this role for the 12 month period will be to lead the development of the City’s cultural infrastructure strategy.
The successful candidate will have:
- tertiary qualifications at degree level in a relevant discipline along with relevant experience
- proven knowledge of the role culture can play in an urban setting and significant experience, networks and record of achievement of cultural development outcomes in this context
- leadership experience and record of innovative strategic planning in the cultural sector
- proven research, analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to apply these to effective cultural policy, strategy and action plan development and implementation in a complex environment
- demonstrated ability to prepare reports, submissions and high level briefings on complex cultural issues.