Manager Cultural Engagement & Library Services
The Manager Cultural Engagement and Library Services is responsible for the provision of welcoming, innovative, resourceful and responsive cultural and library services.
This position provides leadership and strategic direction for:
- Hurstville Museum and Gallery; including driving advocacy within the community and wider cultural sector, and promotion of exhibitions and programs; and
- Library Services; including collections, new technology exploration, programming and excellence in customer experience.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Cultural Engagement and Library Services portfolio including collections management, exhibitions and programming, public art, outreach services, local history, and place naming in accordance with relevant legislation and policies.
- Drive the delivery of the strategic objectives in the libraries 2030 Georges River Library Strategy and the CREATE Georges River Cultural Strategy.
- Work collaboratively and align the Cultural Engagement and Library Services work plan with Council’s Community Strategic Plan and the Community and Culture Directorate’s Business Plan to deliver community-centred services.
- Proactively evaluate performance, support continuous improvement and maximise opportunities to promote successes and improve the cost effective and efficient provision of Council’s community services, cultural programs and facilities.
You might also be interested in:
Lead Programmer/Producer, Public Programs
This job is with the Museum of Contemporary Art and closes on 15 October 2023.