- Ongoing roles available
- Full time
- Sydney CBD – The Domain
- Clerk Grade 3/4
- Total Remuneration Package up to $87,900
- Salary range ($72,419 to $79,297)
Established in 1871, the Art Gallery of New South Wales is located in Sydney’s The Domain adjacent to the Royal Botanic Garden and near the Central Business District, the Gallery acknowledges the original custodians of this land – the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Gallery attracts around 1.4 million visitors annually and runs Australia’s largest education program with over 90,000 student and teacher visits per year.
With the construction of our expansion project currently underway and scheduled for completion in 2022, the Gallery is poised to deliver a new state-of-the-art building located next to our existing and much-loved building. Providing us with close to double the current exhibition space, the expanded Gallery will enable us to share more art with more people and provide more family, learning and educational programming for all our audiences.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are seeking diverse, collaborative, supportive and brilliant individuals to work alongside our existing talent and build on our rich history to create an even more inspiring Gallery for the future.
For more information about the Gallery and our future, please visit our website www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability.
About the Role
The Junior Exhibition Designer assists and supports mid-level and senior exhibition designers with creative design solutions for Gallery briefs from conception to production across a range of projects that include exhibitions, furnishings, interiors and more.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Tertiary qualifications in any of the following fields of architecture, interior design or product design with min. 1-2 years practical experience.
- Ability to create effective visual communication pieces from creative concept stage through to finished product.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in any of the following design categories: creative design for exhibitions, environmental displays and interior production experience.
- Model making skills
- Experience in the use of programs and applications such as Vectorworks, Sketch-up, CAD and Adobe Creative Suite.