Inventory / Operations Person
Harvey Galleries has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly-organised Inventory / Operations Person to join our team five days a week.
As an Inventory / Operations person, your main responsibility will be organising the day-to-day running and organisation of the galleries, and the management of stock. Your role will require office skills, whilst also being able to plan and deliver events.
Your duties will include the following:
• You will be responsible for managing the organisation and arrangement of art exhibitions.
• You will be responsible for assisting the Directors in day-to day gallery operations and planning
• Keeping staff fully up to date on current and upcoming events.
• Managing the transportation of artwork, whether that be leaving or arriving at the Galleries. This can be on a national or international scale, which can include importing and exporting.
• Raise purchase orders for inventory and equipment required by the galleries
• Management and importing data to the gallery database.
• Managing administration tasks, such as keeping financial reports and targets up to date.
• Overseeing of art sales and other operations staff.
• Lifting of artworks.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Reliability and attention to detail
• Exceptional time management skills
• Ability to work autonomously in a busy environment
• Previous experience in an Inventory or Operations role.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential.
• Good administration and computer literacy skills are required.
• IT skills (database management, social media, website, photoshop, Microsoft 365 – particularly excel)
• Well groomed presentation
• Full drivers licence
The primary location for this position will be located in our Seaforth gallery, Tuesday to Saturday 10am-6pm with additional hours as required.
Apply by submitting your CV with references and cover letter to email@example.com
You might also be interested in:
Merchandise & Administration Assistant, MCA Store
This job is with the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia and closes on 17 June 2021.