• Sydney CBD – The Domain (AGNSW) & Surry Hills (Brett Whiteley Studio)
• $40.32 per hour + penalties and contribution to superannuation
Established 1871, the Art Gallery of New South Wales (AGNSW) is located in Sydney’s The Domain adjacent to the Royal Botanic Garden and near the Central Business District, the Gallery acknowledges the original custodians of this land – the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Gallery attracts around 1.4 million visitors annually and runs Australia’s largest education program with over 90,000 student and teacher visits per year.
With the construction of our expansion project currently underway and scheduled for completion in late 2022, the Gallery is poised to deliver a new state-of-the-art building located next to our existing and much-loved building. Providing us with close to double the current exhibition space, the expanded Gallery will enable us to share more art with more people and provide more family, learning and educational programming for all our audiences.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are seeking diverse, collaborative, supportive and brilliant individuals to work alongside our existing talent and build on our rich history to create an even more inspiring Gallery for the future.
For more information about the Gallery and our future, please visit our website www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au
About the Role
Gallery/Studio Hosts are the first point of contact with the public and are responsible for welcoming visitors and guests while providing professional visitor/customer service in processing ticket purchases, membership bookings, assisting programs, events and activities, and through assembling and disseminating Gallery information to the public and staff.
For more information about the role please view the role description and information for applicants or call the nominated contact person listed in the advertisement.
What technical / soft skills you require
1. Previous visitor/customer service experience in the cultural or tourism sector.
2. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal courteously with visitors.
3. Experience in working with audiences of a diverse range of ages and abilities.
4. A high degree of accuracy in money handling, credit card processing and daily reconciliations.
5. Confidence with visitor engagement and the influence required to increase membership sales.
6. Current Working with Children Check
The ability to speak a language other than English.
Tertiary degree, or equivalent industry experience, in art history, fine arts, contemporary art practice.
You might also be interested in:
Exhibitions Officer – Part Time
This job is with Bathurst Regional Art Gallery and closes on 2 October 2022.