Head, Collections Care
This role oversees and provides strategic advice and management of collections care and conservation for Museums of History NSW’s collections to maximise their accessibility and care.
What the essential requirements of the role are
- At least 5 years’ experience in collections care and/or conservation and tertiary qualifications in cultural heritage management, especially in collection care, management and conservation.
- Experience in applying conservation techniques, collection management and practices.
- Ability to work within the Museums of History NSW Act, 2022, State Records Act 1998 and relevant heritage legislation and policies.
- Knowledge and implementation of Workplace Health and Safety and safe manual handling practices.
- Ability to complete manual work, manage lifting, carrying, kneeling and moving around large sites is a genuine occupational requirement.
- A current NSW driver’s licence or the ability to travel between locations.