Gallery Lane Cove + Creative Studios is currently looking for a proactive and creative professional to join their small team as Gallery Manager.
About the Role:
The Gallery Manager works closely with the Centrehouse Inc Management Committee to develop and manage exhibition programming, studio and outreach programs; ensure the overall management of operations, marketing, finance and administration; build relationships and partnerships that align with the organisation’s mission and goals; demonstrate effective and personal leadership skills with members of the Management Committee, staff, and external stakeholders. Gallery Lane Cove + Creative Studios is looking for someone with a strong passion for the arts, who is motivated, adaptive, and has experience in managing small organisations.
Permanent Part Time: 30 hrs per week to be performed Tuesday – Friday (with additional hours required for exhibition installations, de-installations and opening nights)
About the Organisation:
Gallery Lane Cove + Creative Studios is a not-for-profit art centre located in the heart of Lane Cove. Managed by Centrehouse Inc and funded partly by Lane Cove Council, its mission is to nurture contemporary artistic practice, promote innovative forms of art and exhibition making and be a platform for contemporary cultural exchange in Sydney.
• Gallery management and Exhibition programming
• Studio and Outreach programs development and delivery
• Business and Operational management
• Partnerships and Development
Experience, knowledge and qualifications:
• Degree Qualifications or equivalent in Arts Management, Art education, or related discipline
• Valid WWCC (or ability to obtain one)
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the visual arts and/or education industries
• Program management and facilities management experience
• Grant funding submission preparation, application and management experience
• Demonstrated and effective administration and time management skills
• Demonstrated budget management and presentation skills
• Computer skills in Word, Excel, CRM systems, MYOB, Internet, Email and Internet Banking, Twitter, • Web publishing, Blogs, Instagram, Facebook, Desktop publishing
• Demonstrated ability to research and present information and to draft policies and plans
• Experience working with people and organisations, including managing and supervising a small team of employees and contractors
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role, to Karola Brent at email@example.comFind out more
You might also be interested in:
Digital Communications Coordinator
This job is with the Biennale of Sydney and closes on 7 December 2022.
Team Leader, Venues Services & Events
This job is with Sydney Living Museums and closes on 4 December 2022.