Gallery Host – part time
Art Gallery of New South Wales Hosts (Gallery Hosts) are the first point of contact with the public and are responsible for welcoming visitors and guests to the Gallery while providing professional visitor/customer service in processing ticket purchases, membership bookings, assisting programs, events and activities, and through assembling and disseminating Gallery information to the public and staff.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Previous visitor/customer service experience in the cultural or tourism sector.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal courteously with visitors.
- Experience in working with audiences of a diverse range of ages and abilities.
- A high degree of accuracy in money handling, credit card processing and daily reconciliations.
- Confidence with visitor engagement and the influence required to increase membership sales.
- Current Working with Children Check
You might also be interested in:
Exhibition, Collection & Curatorial Officer
This job is with the Clarence Valley Council and closes on 3 October 2023.
Curator at Museum of Art and Culture yapang
This job is with the Lake Macquarie City Council and closes on 3 October 2023.