- Salary negotiable from $76,640 plus super
- 9 Day fortnight
- Temporary Role until June 2021
This role represents a unique opportunity to join an organisation that is committed to building high performing teams, working together to deliver outcomes for the community through innovation and best practice. We have passion and enthusiasm and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this journey.
Reporting to the Gallery and Museum Director you will play an important role in the delivery and promotion of Hawkesbury Regional Gallery’s exhibitions, education and public programs and events. This role will be responsible for coordinating collection management of Council’s art collections including display, care, storage and cataloguing as well as coordination of the Branch’s volunteers
Weekend and evening work will be required from time to time, and negotiated with the incumbent in accordance with Award provisions. Full time hours are required during exhibition installation weeks.
This is a creative opportunity for an individual who is passionate and committed to bring fruition to creative programming to develop new audiences for the Gallery whilst engaging interest from community art groups, local artists and other stakeholders.
You must have
- Relevant qualifications in Visual Art, Fine Arts or a related experience
- Demonstrated skills in selecting and curating art exhibitions which attract and engage the local community and broader audiences
- Experience in collections management including documentation, care and conservation, storage, display and interpretation of artworks, and making them accessible to the public
- Knowledge of public gallery administration within a local government environment, with proven ability to develop planning, policy and procedural documentation to comply with corporate policies and procedures, including registration of work documents
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor and train volunteers and staff
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience.