Gallery Assistants (Casual)
We are recruiting casual Gallery Assistants to join the inaugural Ngununggula team.
Gallery Assistants are the first point of contact for visitors to the gallery. Their role is to welcome all visitors to Ngununggula, and to ensure the safety of both the artworks and visitors. Gallery Assistants enrich our visitors’ experience by providing high-level customer service in a friendly and welcoming manner. They provide information on our exhibitions, programs, events, activities and facilities, manage retail and offer a cloakroom service.
Ngununggula is a small and evolving institution in which everyone contributes. The successful candidate will be a team player who sees no job as too small, happy to roll up their sleeves and wholeheartedly get involved. This position presents a fantastic and unique opportunity to contribute to our evolution and grow with us.
– At least three years proven experience in a customer service or retail role.
– A curiosity about arts and culture and education.
– Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively and courteously with visitors.
– Attention to detail and the ability to work independently
– Ability to effectively operate ticketing and membership systems
– Availability to work weekday shifts, weekend shifts and late-night shift
WORKING DAYS & HOURS:
Must be available to work Monday – Sunday 9:30am – 4:30pm, shifts will vary weekly.
Ngununggula has a regular program of weekend and evening public events. Gallery Assistants must be available to work outside of the hours outlined above.
$23.09 per hour (Sunday $34.64 per hour, Public Holiday per hour $46.18)
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and responses to the essential criteria to the Ngununggula Director, Megan Monte – firstname.lastname@example.org by the COB Friday 6 August
You might also be interested in:
This job is with the National Museum of Australia and closes on 1 August 2021.
Education and Audience Development Officer
This job is with the Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre and closes on 6 August 2021.