- Fixed Term, Full Time opportunity available
- Great work environment and benefits
- Relevant tertiary / professional qualifications in Art History, Fine Arts or Visual Arts or a related field
- Substantial experience successfully managing a gallery and leading a gallery team
- Competitive salary based on skills, qualifications and experience
The Galleries Director will provide leadership of the Galleries team and curate and program exhibitions based upon engagement with the community and touring bodies. Through established industry networks and relationships, the Galleries Director will identify opportunities to bring significant exhibitions to the city including identifying sponsorship from external sources to support exhibitions and public programming. The position will also provide leadership of budget development and monitoring and in the acquisition and care of the City of Townsville Art Collection and Art in Public Spaces Collection including making it widely accessible.
Closing date: 14/12/2021
Further information: https://jobs.townsville.qld.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=606552
You might also be interested in:
James O Fairfax Senior Fellow of Culture and Environment
This job is with the National Museum of Australia and closes on 30 January 2022.
Creative Programs Producer
This job is with the Northern Rivers Community Gallery (NRCG) and closes on 28 January 2022.
Call for Expression of Interest – Consultancy Services
This job is with the Art Gallery Society of NSW and closes on 14 February 2022.