First Nations Producer
The First Nations Producer will work with the First Nations staff and AM’s public program team to deliver and produce a suite of programs interpreting the onsite exhibitions and First Nations collections. The First Nations Producer will be involved with the Australian Museum’s special exhibition UNSETTLED, which investigates the 250th anniversary of Lieutenant James Cook’s voyage of the HMB Endeavour and consequently the impact, devastation and cultural genocide of Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The role will coordinate and produce the delivery of the public programs to support the Exhibition content for diverse audiences, assisting visitors to engage with and expand their understanding of First Nations people, science, history, and knowledge as well as develop First Nations public programs post-exhibition.
- Aboriginality is an essential requirement for this position. An Aboriginal person (as defined by the NSW Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983) means a person who: Is a member of the Aboriginal race of Australia, and Identifies as an Aboriginal person, and is accepted by the Aboriginal community as an Aboriginal person.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in Event Management, History, Culture, Art, or Science
- Hold a valid NSW Working with Children clearance
Knowledge & Experience
- Produce and deliver an extensive public program to support the Unsettled Exhibition
- Develop and deliver First Nations public programs post-exhibition.
- Consult, engage and liaise with stakeholders including artists, Elders, cultural practitioners, and internal teams to ensure delivery of content within the specified timeline.
- Under direction and allocation of the Manager Public Programs; oversee and manage an approved budget for the project.
- Research and engage with contemporary First Nations cultural practitioners, talent, presenters, and artists to remain up to date with contemporary trends and audience preferences and to develop a strong collection of potential program formats and talent
- Develop event management documentation to support program delivery.
- Managing and maintaining records of WH&S practices, including risk assessments.
- Ensure all programs are accessible and is presented in a culturally appropriate manner.
Find out more
You might also be interested in:
MAMA Operations Officer
This job is with the Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) and closes on 25 April 2021.
Senior Production Technician
This job is with Rockhampton Regional Council and closes on 10 May 2021.
Exhibition Project Officer (SMP)
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 20 April 2021.