First Nations Curator – EOI
Regional Futures is a statewide project that celebrates the diversity of creative practice across regional NSW. An artist will be commissioned in each Regional Arts Development Organisation catchment to create new work that is their response to the question “What is the future for your region?” These creative responses will come together in a symposium/artist summit planned for the second stage of the project across 2022/23.
The Regional Arts Network is seeking to appoint a regionally based First Nations Curator. The role will oversee and support the appropriate engagement of First Nation artists plus assist with ensuring that the process and outcomes of the project work within cultural protocols.
The First Nation Curator responsibilities;
• Be an active partner in the assessment and selection of artists across the EoI process for Regional Futures
• Support First Nation artists selected to be involved in Regional Futures throughout the project
• Support RADO’s that do not have a First Nation artist represented in the project to appropriately connect with local Traditional Knowledge Holders/Elders
• Liaise and connect with the Aboriginal Regional Arts Alliance, keeping them up to date on the project and listen to their advice and guidance on the direction of the project
• Work collaboratively with the Project Manager and Creative Director to ensure that Regional Futures is an exemplary project in regard to engagement with First Nation artists and communities
You might also be interested in:
James O Fairfax Senior Fellow of Culture and Environment
This job is with the National Museum of Australia and closes on 30 January 2022.
Creative Programs Producer
This job is with the Northern Rivers Community Gallery (NRCG) and closes on 28 January 2022.
Call for Expression of Interest – Consultancy Services
This job is with the Art Gallery Society of NSW and closes on 14 February 2022.