Finance Officer, Accounts Receivable
Full-time, permanent position
Finance and Corporate Services Division
Reports to the Chief Financial Officer
Overview of the position
The MCA’s vision is to take a leadership role in shaping a creative and equitable Australia that values contemporary art and artists, and we are committed to making contemporary art accessible and inspiring for everyone.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Officer will be responsible for working alongside internal stakeholders to provide financial information, financial analysis, and insights to assist the MCA achieve key business and strategic outcomes.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts receivable transactions to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner:
- Generate and send out invoices.
- Receive, check and reconcile all incoming payments.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Generate age analysis, customer statements and other reports.
- Prepare daily bank deposits and process credit card payments in the debtor.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Perform the function of credit control for accounts receivable. Organise a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Bank cash deposits for the store, admission income and donations.
- End of month processing in accounts receivable, creating customer statements and aged receivable reports.
Complete weekly payroll functions in order to ensure staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner:
- Prepare and process staff salaries and wages.
- Prepare, balance, collate and input timesheets, with the ability to understand relevant award conditions, enterprise agreements, policies and legislative requirements.
- Observe internal control procedures for the preparation of payroll.
- Assist with the payroll deductions including income tax, superannuation, as well as any other authorised and approved deductions.
- Administration and maintenance of all digital employee payroll records.
- Prepare and process all routine and specific payroll reports.
- Filing of payroll records and documents as required. Establish and maintain confidential employee files.
- Prepare general payroll journal.
- Correspond with staff and respond to their inquiries.
- Process tax payment.
- End of month superannuation processing.
General Leger and month end reconciliation:
- Set up general ledger account as required.
- Perform general ledger and bank reconciliation.
Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations:
- Process credit card payments, flight bookings, Cabcharges and petty cash as back up.
- Cross-check accounts payable bank account.
- Cross-check payroll set up and payment report for fortnightly payroll.
- Review credit card payment vouchers.
- Review contra vouchers.
- Other duties as required (covering team members when on leave and ad hoc project works).
Key selection criteria
Applicants must be able to demonstrate they have:
- a minimum of two years’ relevant experience in a similar position
- thorough understanding of accounting principles including reconciliations and reporting
- ability to understand relevant award conditions, enterprise agreement, policies and legislative requirements
- experience in using financial management software and reporting tools
- high attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to make decisions, within delegated authority parameters
- strong relationship-building skills, with both internal and external stakeholders
- highly motivated and enthusiastic, with excellent people management and communication skills
- the ability to handle confidential information with a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, presenting information in a logical and planned manner
- the ability to plan, prioritise and work independently to achieve goals and deadlines.
It would be good if applicants have:
- knowledge and experience with MicrOpay
- experience working with high volume transactions
- experience working in a not-for-profit organisation.
To apply for this position, we ask that you please visit the MCA website to view the full position description (https://www.mca.com.au/about-us/work-for-us/finance-officer-accounts-receivable-position-description/) and for details on how to apply. We ask that you please do not apply via Seek.
The MCA encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and people from diverse cultures. The MCA acknowledges the enormous contribution Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, staff, educators, arts professionals, and guests have made to the fabric of the museum since its inception. Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art practice has long been central to MCA collection and exhibition programs.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Please note that it is currently a requirement as per the MCA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, that all employees are fully vaccinated. You will need to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination if you are successful. Please note that full vaccination as per the current NSW Government guidelines means two doses of COVID-19 vaccine for adults, and any future approved vaccination boosters. The MCA continues to review this Policy on a regular basis and may change the vaccination mandate requirements in the future.
You might also be interested in:
Senior Advisor, Collection Digitisation
This job is with the State Archives and Records Authority and closes on 12 July 2022.
Training & Professional Development Manager
This job is with Museums & Galleries Queensland and closes on 12 July 2022.