Facilities (Property) Manager
Bundanon is a unique arts and education organisation in regional Australia, situated on 1,000 hectares of bush and parkland overlooking the Shoalhaven River in Illaroo, near Nowra.
Bundanon is in ongoing transformation, following the completion in 2021 of a new Art Museum, and The Bridge which is a café, education and accommodation complex. This build is supporting an expanded and diverse range of cultural tourism, educational and commercial visitors.
Bundanon has a significant and diverse portfolio of assets, including heritage buildings and gardens, architecturally award-winning modern and contemporary architectural structures, park and bushland (including a carbon sequestration project) which is a wildlife sanctuary, farmlands including a farm operation, roads, paths and other infrastructure, plant and equipment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Facilities (Property) Manager is responsible for the management of Bundanon’s buildings, as well as roads, pathways and other infrastructure, and plant and equipment, all of which support the delivery of a range of utilities and services across the site.
With the COO as your Manager, you would oversee the management of these diverse assets, be responsible for a small team, and liaise on the delivery of works with various third parties.
This is a strongly practical, hands-on role in which you will frequently be at work across different parts of the property, as well as work from your office base. You would also collaborate with a Natural Resources Manager, who manages Bundanon’s bush and farmlands.
In this role, you would:
– Deliver, monitor and report against the current asset management, heritage management and environmental management plans for the site, in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders
– Provide input into future revisions of these plans
– Provide operational support to the successful delivery of Bundanon’s various programs, by the allocation of resources, including the time of yourself and the staff in your team, to undertake tasks inside or external to buildings, as agreed with other relevant managers at Bundanon
– Manage the upkeep and operations of Bundanon’s buildings, including contemporary and heritage structures; review the Building Management System and address all issues that arise; develop solutions in collaboration with others, in aim to resolve recurrent issues
– Manage roads, paths and other types of infrastructure, as well as plant, equipment and a fleet of vehicles
– Manage access across Bundanon’s sites, and ensure staff and visitor safety
– Manage budgets, supervise staff and undertake reporting procedures
– Engage and liaise onsite with contractors and other third parties, for the successful delivery of goods and services
– Monitor and oversee risk management and Workplace Health and Safety procedures and practices
Essential Selection Criteria
– Qualifications in facility management, building maintenance, or a similar course, and/or extensive role relevant job experience. Qualifications such as in cultural and environmental heritage, land and heritage management, or similar, will also be highly regarded.
– Demonstrated experience in, and knowledge of, the management of contemporary and/or heritage buildings and infrastructure for services and utilities
– Demonstrated experience in managing resources and budgets
– Demonstrated experience in managing staff (in any type of prior role, ideally in a similar role)
– Prior experience in engaging and supervising contractors and other third parties is desirable
– Demonstrated experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
– Highly developed problem-solving, analysis, research, reporting and evaluation skills
– Excellent negotiation, inter-personal and communication skills
– Excellent skills with computer software, ideally with experience across the Office 365 suite
– Existing knowledge of WH&S and Equal Opportunity, with a commitment to know about and comply with the range of other federal and state legislation that is relevant to this role; experience of working to legal frameworks in your prior roles
Email a cover letter, a statement against the selection criteria, and a detailed CV including the names of three referees (referees will only be contacted after clearance with the applicant) to:
Jane Johnston, Corporate Services Manager
by 5pm, Wednesday 24 August 2022
Enquiries should be directed to:
Mark Johnson, Chief Operating Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 4422 2100
You might also be interested in:
Visitor Experience Officer – Yarrila Arts and Museum
This job is with the Coffs Harbour City Council and closes on 18 August 2022.