Exhibitions Officer – Part Time
About the role
As Exhibitions Officer you will support the implementation of Bathurst Regional Art Gallery’s celebrated artistic program comprising curated and gallery-initiated exhibitions, touring exhibitions, artist in residence programs, commissions, and public art projects.
Working with the Exhibition Coordinator you will assist with program delivery including research and administration, installation and deinstallation, stakeholder engagement, reporting, and bring technical skill and innovation to Gallery exhibitions and programs. You will be an adaptable, collaborative, and focused individual who recognises the important role regional public galleries play in their communities. This is a permanent part time role, 21 hours per week (Wednesday – Friday).
- Certificate IV in a field related to visual arts, museums or arts administration or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of curatorial practice and exhibition development, including research and administration, freight coordination, and loans management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write for a variety of contexts including exhibition text, social media, and the web.
- Computer literacy with a proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated understanding of exhibition installation procedures and object handling, and experience in supervising install teams.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical skill and innovation in a gallery/museum context, including audio video (AV) and digital platforms.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work cooperatively in a small team including volunteers, casual staff, and contractors.
- Current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
- To view the Position Summary click here
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $726.90 to $763.70 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent Part Time
Hours of work: 21 hours per week Wednesday to Friday
Application closing date: Sunday, 2 October 2022, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Sarah Gurich – 6333 6150
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Find Out More
You might also be interested in:
Aboriginal Cultural Engagement Officer (Identified) – La Perouse Museum
This job is with the Randwick City Council and closes on 12 October 2022.
Casual Installation Technician
This job is with Liverpool City Council and closes on 26 September 2022.