• Employment Type: Part Time (28 hour week)
• Duration: Fixed Term role – Until August 2023
• Remuneration: $91,472 – $97,579 pro rata (+ 17% superannuation and leave loading)
• Location: Kensington NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services, and facilities including a flagship exhibition space in the Main Library. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes.
Since 2018 UNSW Library has curated and produced a diverse range of exhibitions. These exhibitions are designed to create a space for discourse and engagement in the Library by showcasing and promoting UNSW research outputs, library and university collections, student works and community projects. The Exhibitions Coordinator is part of the Special Collections and Exhibitions Unit, and supports the administration, planning and delivery of the Library’s Exhibitions Program and public art initiatives. The role oversees the practical operations of all aspects of exhibition delivery as well as associated public programs and events.
Who You Are:
Our ideal candidate is passionate about the GLAMR sector and is ready to hit the ground running, bringing fresh ideas and well-established experience to UNSW Library! They have experience in planning and delivering exhibitions, engagement events or projects in academic or cultural institutions. They are also a skilful collaborator who can work well with a broad range of partners including artists, academics, students and community groups.
To be successful you must have:
• A relevant degree or equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and experience. Experience with exhibitions and events in the Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums and Records (GLAMR) sector is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience managing the practical operations of an exhibition program, as well as associated public programs and events.
• Well-developed time management skills and ability to prioritise competing demands effectively
• Experience developing and maintaining documentation used in the management of exhibitions and events.
• Knowledge of intellectual property, copyright and moral rights laws and conventions as they relate to exhibitions and public art.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
How to apply:
You will need to submit the following
• A current resume with two referees
• A one to two page cover letter outlining how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for this role
• A response to the following two targeted questions (maximum one page per response)
1. UNSW Library develops exhibitions in partnership with a broad range of collaborators including artists, academics, students and community groups. The Exhibitions Coordinator requires collaboration skills to work with this diverse group of stakeholders to produce inter-disciplinary projects. Please outline your experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and provide an example of a specific project where you worked with a diverse group to deliver a result. What was your role and what was the outcome?
2. The Exhibitions Coordinator oversees end-to-end delivery of exhibitions and public art initiatives, from initial development to installation and review. Please outline a time when you guided a project from beginning through to delivery. How did you keep the project on track and how did you influence the final outcome?
Applications close: Monday August 8 – Before 11:55pm
Get in Touch:
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.Find out more
You might also be interested in:
Visitor Experience Officer – Yarrila Arts and Museum
This job is with the Coffs Harbour City Council and closes on 18 August 2022.