About the role
As Exhibitions Coordinator you will develop and deliver Bathurst Regional Art Gallery’s celebrated artistic program comprising curated and gallery-initiated exhibitions, touring exhibitions, artist in residence programs, commissions, and public art projects.
Working with the Art Gallery Director, the Exhibition Coordinator plays a key role in implementing all facets of program delivery including design, installation, publication management, and evaluation.
In this exciting role you will oversee a small exhibitions team to deliver high level outcomes for artists, clients, and visitors. You will be an adaptable, collaborative, and focused individual who recognises the important role regional public galleries play in their communities.
- Tertiary qualifications in visual arts, art history, museum studies, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in a similar role including demonstrated experience in exhibition development from concept to delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, mentor, lead, and contribute to a small team that includes casual staff, contractors, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage multiple projects simultaneously to a high standard, and the ability to work flexibly, under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing budgets, plans, policies, and procedures.
- High level verbal and written communication skills including public speaking experience, and experience writing exhibition text (essays, didactics, labels, media, and web).
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian visual arts sector and funding landscape, with experience in applying for and acquitting grants.
- A proven track record in building strong, collaborative, and productive relationships with stakeholders, including artists, curators, cultural institutions, and community groups.
- Computer literacy with a proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated experience managing the installation of exhibitions/artworks including gallery and off-site locations.
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1,449.90 to $1,523.30 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours of work: 35 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 2 October 2022, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Sarah Gurich – 0408 534 124
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
You might also be interested in:
Senior Editor (Publications Manager)
This job is with the Museum of Contemporary Art and closes on 3 October 2022.