Exhibitions and Loans Conservator Grade 1
- Ongoing employment – 2 positions
- Talent pool will also be created for temporary roles in the future
- Sydney CBD – The Domain
- Total Remuneration Package up to $90,716
- Salary range ($75,531 to $81,836)
Working collaboratively with the Conservation team and Gallery staff, this role assists with Exhibitions conservation programs for the Gallery’s collections and exhibitions, including assessing and preparing artworks at acquisition, and for internal and external exhibitions, displays and loans, to ensure the integrity and quality of artworks is maintained.
We are seeking Conservators with any specialisation, as other roles may come up in the future.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Tertiary qualifications in Materials Conservation or professional membership of AICCM; thorough knowledge and understanding of the physical and chemical construction of artworks: chemistry, art history, artists’ methods and materials and techniques used.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both domestic and international conservation principles, ethics and requirements as identified in the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials Code of Ethics and its international counterparts.
You might also be interested in:
CEO + Artistic Director
This job is with Craft ACT: Craft + Design Centre and closes on 15 June 2021.