- Are you ready to take on a new challenge and make a difference?
- Full time, temporary opportunity (until December 2022) for a creative Exhibition Draftsperson
- Salary Package up to $104,554. Package includes salary ($85,744 – $94,610), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
As the Exhibition Draftsperson, you will be responsible to undertake the schematic documentation, planning and production of exhibitions, displays, major installations, visible collection storage, permanent galleries, and event and experiential design projects.
Day to day, you will:
- Support the development of detailed design concepts to support exhibitions, events, installations and displays.
- Undertake the development of all stages of the schematic design process including layouts, 3D renderings/sketches, scaled and detailed design documentation.
- Work collaboratively to ensure budgets, schedules, contract and office administration meet all necessary requirements and approvals.
- Ensure all schematic design documentation meets relevant codes of practice in the building industry which forms part of the building code of Australia
- Consult with external stakeholders, including cultural institutions, government departments and other organisations to advocate for MAAS
The successful candidate
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Tertiary qualifications (degree or diploma) in Interior Design or Architecture (or experience deemed equivalent (minimum 3 years), along with experience in a design environment
- Demonstrated ability to articulate, create and direct a high-quality design approach within the museum and the public context.
- Experience with working flexibly in a team to deliver detailed design outcomes and a demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with colleagues and contractors at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant codes of practice in the building industry which forms part of the building code of Australia and the Australian standards for materials, methods of construction and prescriptive codes of architectural design.
- High level written, oral communication and organisational skills; project management skills; IT literate including VectorWorks and/or AutoCAD.
You might also be interested in:
Assistant Gallery Director/Senior Curator
This job is with Mosman Art Gallery and closes on 15 June 2021.
Collections and Stories Project Officer
We are currently seeking a Project Officer to assist us in delivering the next phase of the Collections and Stories Project. Applications close on 28 June 2021.
Chief Operating Officer
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 27 June 2021.