Exhibition & Collection Projects Manager
This is a temporary contract opportunity to work within the MCA’s Collection and Exhibitions team. Reporting to the Head of Collection and Exhibitions Management, this position will be required to manage specific exhibition projects for an initial period of 4-months, with the potential to extend to 6-months.
This role will work collaboratively across the Collections and Exhibitions team. Tasks and responsibilities of the role will vary according to business needs and priorities, and include working on temporary loan based and MCA Collection exhibitions.
We’re looking for an experienced Exhibition Manager with strong project management and exhibition management skills. The role necessitates strong organisational and communication skills, as well as the proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have knowledge of, and proven experience in the application of professional museum methods.j
The successful candidate will have:
• extensive practical experience in a similar role leading exhibition management and installation
• strong project management experience
• demonstrated knowledge of international museum practices for art handling and display
• exceptional organisation and planning skills, with proven ability to manage competing deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• an enthusiastic approach and the ability to work well under pressure
• strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• excellent knowledge of, and proven experience in the application of professional museum methods
• experience with Sketch-up a distinct advantage
• previous experience working within contemporary art.
Expression of interest
Please visit the MCA website to view the full description of this contract opportunity, and for information on how to apply.
The MCA encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and people from diverse cultures. The MCA acknowledges the enormous contribution Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, staff, educators, arts professionals and guests have made to the fabric of the museum since its inception. Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art practice has long been central to MCA collection and exhibition programs.
Working for the MCA
The MCA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. The MCA promotes a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment, and where individuals are treated with fairness, equality and dignity.
You might also be interested in:
Museum Assistant Front of House
This job is with Bathurst Regional Council and closes on 27 June 2021.
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 4 July 2021.
Associate Producer, Public Programs
This job is with Sydney Living Museums and closes on 17 June 2021.