Exhibition and Museum Officer
Do you have experience installing visual arts and museum exhibitions? Ready to work with a variety of stakeholders including curators, artists and community groups? Keen to use and develop your collection management skills?
Council has an exciting opportunity to join our Arts, Culture and Tourism team for the delivery of exhibitions across spaces at SEEN@Swansea, Rathmines Heritage Centre, the Sugar Valley Library Museum and managing the Lake Mac Libraries exhibition program – Launchpad. From small visual art community installs to major museum collection exhibitions, the role will be working with a variety of stakeholders and collections.
The role will also assist in the effective acquisition, cataloguing, digitization, and community access to the local studies, family history, civic and museum and social history collections, through quality collection management practices,
This position is responsible for developing and managing effective relationships with Artists, Curators and associated community groups across Lake Macquarie and ACT/council teams.
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Position Statement.
Conditions of Employment include:
- shift work / weekend work
- travel across multiple sites
LET’S DESCRIBE YOU
Along with the full essential criteria listed in the Position Statement, Council is seeking a practitioner with demonstrated exhibition experience including installations, management of travelling exhibition programs, object handling and transportation. To be successful within this role, you will bring your collection management experience along with your ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a range of stakeholders.
Additionally, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in Museum Studies, local history, heritage or relevant qualification
- Demonstrated experience installing exhibitions, managing travelling exhibition programs and object handing and transport
- Knowledge and experience of databases, digital platforms and electronic resources relevant to history, community and related areas
- Demonstrated experience working with volunteers and community groups
- Requires a Working with Children’s Check to be completed prior to commencement
- Current Class C NSW Drivers Licence
You might also be interested in:
Cultural Collection Management Lead
This job is with the City of Newcastle and closes on 24 September 2023.
Curator, First Nations
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 3 October 2023.