The Museum has an exciting opportunity for a professional to join the Directorate Business Unit as an APS 5 to join the Museum’s Executive Support Team as an Executive Assistant, providing high quality support to the Director, Council, and other key stakeholders.
This business unit manages a range of sensitive and complex matters and works closely with all areas of the Museum. The incumbent of the position will provide high level administrative support to the Director, including correspondence and diary management and coordination, document management and function support. The position liaises with Governance to provide support for Council, high profile visitors and international guests. Discretion and representational skills are essential to the role.
This role will be filled for 12 months from February 2022 and may be extended due to operational requirements.
What will the successful candidate bring to the role?
The successful candidate will have experience in providing Executive Assistant support to Senior Executive level staff in busy and dynamic situations, and will therefore have the ability to bring initiative, personal drive and analytical problem solving skills to the role. You will have exceptional administrative skills and enjoy being well-organised and have strong attention to detail. You will have a professional image and enjoy liaising with a range a people. You will work in a fast-paced environment where priorities shift and your ability to be flexible and adapt to change is paramount.
As Executive Assistant to the Director you will:
· Develop and maintain administrative systems that support the daily running of the Director’s office, including diary management to meet operational requirements, preparation of correspondence, maintenance of filing systems, arranging meetings, travel and hospitality.
· Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders, particularly of a senior level, to ensure smooth delivery of the Museum’s business.
· Timely management and coordination of briefings and materials required by the Director for internal and external appointments, meetings, conferences and other business related activities.
· Manage special events and visits hosted by the Director for VIP guests of the Museum.
· Liaise with the Chair and members of Council to provide administrative support, including catering and travel arrangements.
· Understand and anticipate business requirements of the Director and the Executive Management Group more broadly and operate with discretion.
· Demonstrate high-level oral and written communication skills.
How to apply?
Applicants must respond to each of the following selection criteria individually. Applications should also include contact details for two referees. Please note that selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
Contact – Helen Harkin, Executive Officer, Executive Support Unit – firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6208 5049
Applications close at 11.30pm on Thursday, 9 December 2021Find out more
You might also be interested in:
Gallery Operations Coordinator
This job is with 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art and closes on 4 February 2022.