Salary Classification: Clerk Grade 5/6 ($83,403 – $92,025) with a total remuneration package up to $102,010 per annum
Employment Status: Ongoing Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department of Planning and Environment and was founded in 1827 as the first museum in Australia. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 21 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite. The AM’s purpose is to make nature, Indigenous cultures & science accessible and relevant to everyone.
The AM supports a diverse workforce and promotes applications from First Nations and Torres Strait Islander people. People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, Australian Museum will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
About the role
The Project Officer supports the Manager of the Eureka Prizes to deliver this annual program, and is responsible for office administration; client customer service and enquiries; all marketing and promotions (including website and social media management), and associated research; finalist liaison; and event management. In addition, the Project Officer assists the Manager in the facilitation of the judging panels, development of prize categories, sponsor and contractor liaison, program evaluation, whilst contributing to the strategic priorities of the program.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate
- Tertiary qualifications (or comparable work experience) in project management/event/science/communications or related field
- Experience in project management, including coordinating multiple projects within set parameters and budgets, and evaluation to ensure ongoing successful delivery
- Considerable experience in event management including liaising with contractors and suppliers to ensure high standard of delivery
- Experience in delivering a high standard of customer service and communications with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Adequate knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in this Role Description