July 2020 – Fairfield City Museum & Gallery (FCMG) has been awarded an Anzac Community Grant through the NSW Office for Veterans Affairs to engage a researcher to conduct collection research.
The project involves close examination and research of FCMG’s military collection containing objects, photographs and documents donated by the community to develop a greater understanding of the collection and its significance.
• Conduct independent research
• Assess collection as a whole
• Assess individual collection items
• Produce significance statements and interpretive texts that can be made accessible through FCMG’s online collection database (heritagecollection.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au)
• Tertiary qualification in relevant field (History, Museum & Heritage studies) – essential
• Understanding of museum collections
• Experience conducting independent historical research and/or collection research
• Affinity with military history
The project is planned be completed by the end of November 2020. The fee for the work will be $3000. In your EOI please outline how this amount will cover your work on this project. You will be able to and encouraged to work on-site at FCMG, however you will need to bring your own computer/laptop.
Please contact Alinde Bierhuizen, curator at Fairfield City Museum & Gallery, for more information and to send through your EOI. Alinde can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9725 0190.
In your EOI please include the following:
• Short letter/email outlining your interest, experience and qualifications relevant for this project
• CV including referees
• Example of written work (max. 1 page)
• Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance (or willingness to obtain these)