Duty Manager; Retford Park
- Location: Bowral, NSW
- Job Type: Casual
- Sectors : Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Reports to: Property Manager, Retford Park
- Salary: $31.93/hr plus super
The National Trust of Australia (New South Wales) is Australia’s leading heritage conservation organisation, a not-for-profit, community based charity in operation for more than 75 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations through advocating for the conservation and protection of our built, cultural and natural heritage.
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations.
Located in Bowral, Retford Park features an elegant Victorian Italianate residence surrounded by over thirty hectares of formal gardens and grounds. The visitor experience includes open days, guided tours, events, venue hire opportunities, plus a small retail and gallery space.
The National Trust NSW is seeking an energetic team leader with a track record of delivering high quality, visitor-centric customer service to coordinate the daily visitor activities and work with our wonderful team of volunteers to create an experience for our visitors which is welcoming, engaging and enables them to get the most out of their visit.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Property Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and managing the daily operations of Retford Park admissions, reception and bookings team processes, when the property is open.
- Coordinating all visitor activities on site including tours and events
- Managing response to incidents as they arise at Retford Park
- Leading and motivating the volunteers working onsite, either as guides, front of house or event facilitators to deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
- You’ve led a team of customer-focused staff before and can lead and motivate them to perform at their best.
- You will be flexible enough to deal with the myriad of things that comes with operating a historic property that is open to the public and ideally, you will have had some experience in working with communities, tourism or the cultural sector.
We’re looking for someone who truly believes in customer service, can run an event like clockwork and knows the value of teamwork. We offer a flexible work environment and value the highest levels of professionalism.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
For a full position description or any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to: email@example.com
Closing date: 21 May 2023Find out more
You might also be interested in:
Senior Curator, Contemporary Australian Art
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 27 September 2023.
This job is with the Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens with no current closing date - suitable candidates will be interviewed after application submitted.
Project Manager (Identified)
This job is with the University of Sydney and closes on 12 October 2023.