- Full-time fixed term position to 30 Dec 2024
- Band 1 – Senior Executive
Exciting opportunity to lead the communications and stakeholder engagement for the renewal of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences including; development of Powerhouse Parramatta; expansion of Museums Discovery Centre; digitisation and relocation of the Powerhouse Collection and the strategic development of the Ultimo Creative Industries Precinct.
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in engaging communities with contemporary ideas and issues. Established in 1879, the Museum is custodian to over half a million objects of national and international significance and is considered one of the finest and most diverse collections in Australia.
Powerhouse Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in the country. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW.
Director Communications – Powerhouse Program
The Director Communications – Powerhouse Program will lead the Communications and Stakeholder Engagement for the Powerhouse Program including; the development and implementation of strategic communications, management of media relationships and development of high-quality communications material. Through your leadership and collaborative approach, you will make a significant contribution to the delivery of the vision and ambition of the Powerhouse Program.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, commerce or business and/or strong experience in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience in a senior role delivering major communications programs within a sensitive environment with high levels of public interest.
- Extensive experience in strategic communications management planning and implementation.
- Ability to work with stakeholders across Government, the private sector and community