David Sheedy Foundation Archives Scholarship
- Role: David Sheedy Foundation Scholarship
- Primary Location: National Trust Centre (NTC), Observatory Hill, Miller’s Point, Sydney
- Reporting Manager: Archives and Library Manager
- Direct Reports: Nil
- Hours of Work: 14 hours a week
- Job Type: Fixed term for 4 months
- Category: Conservation
- Sectors: Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Hourly Salary Rate: $36.85/hr plus superannuation plus on-site parking in Sydney CBD
The National Trust (NSW) is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 75 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. One of the ways we achieve this is by conserving and protecting the built, cultural and natural heritage under our care.
The Trust has partnered with the David Sheedy Foundation to offer a scholarship for new and emerging archivists to utilise their skills and the resources of the National Trust to further their understanding of heritage conservation.
The scholarship is available to applicants in their penultimate year of study or newly-graduated from tertiary education and will be part-time (14 hours/week), over a four month period.
You will be required to:
- Complete an Archives project as designed by the National Trust Archives & Library Manager
- Travel to National Trust (NSW) properties.
- Present your project to an applicable National Trust (NSW) Committee. The David Sheedy Foundation are invited to attend the presentation and meet the scholar.
- Reflect on your experience in an electronic diary.
Possible projects may include developing an oral history project, creating a Conservation Assessment of Archives at a heritage site, curating an exhibition for a display online or at a National Trust (NSW) property, or creating a digital library from the collection.
Our goal is for this scholarship to become an important stepping stone for new professionals who wish to move into a heritage conservation career. The scholarship adds value to the sector and ensures the knowledge held by the National Trust of Australia (NSW) is harnessed for future generations of heritage conservationists.
We want to pay it forward to encourage new creative people looking for experience in a cultural collection.
We offer a flexible work environment and a great workplace culture that is wholly dedicated to the heritage of NSW.
You must be fully vaccinated and have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
For enquiries contact James Bosanquet, Archives and Library Manager on (02) 9258 0128. To apply for the Scholarship, send an up-to-date CV and cover letter along with your University results (to date) and two referees to firstname.lastname@example.orgFind Out More
You might also be interested in:
National Centre for Creative Learning Assistant
This job is with the Museum of Contemporary Art and closes on 5 October 2022.
Support Officer, New Museums Project
This job is with Sydney Living Museums and closes on 5 October 2022.