Fairfield City Museum & Gallery (FCMG) is an award-winning cultural space in South-West Sydney. Combining a contemporary art gallery, a social history museum and an historic open-air ‘Vintage Village’, FCMG develops programs and exhibitions that strengthen the creative landscape of Fairfield City and connect with the local community.
This is a call out for expressions of interest (EOI) for a guest-curator (contract). We are looking for someone with a strong connection to western Sydney and an existing artistic network. Proven research and project management experience is essential.
• Curate and deliver a temporary exhibition in FCMG’s Stein Gallery, on display from 10 July – 23 Oct 2021
• Meet regularly with FCMG staff in the months leading up to the exhibition
• Develop and adhere to a timeline and budget for the project
• Engage artists and select works
• Write a catalogue essay, obtain images and biographical information from each artist and liaise with FCMG staff on the production of the catalogue
• Write wall texts and labels
• Liaise with FCMG staff to develop all necessary material for promotion and for the delivery of accompanying public programs
• Work with FCMG staff on install/de-install
• Present a report on the conclusion of the exhibition
• Public Liability insurance
• Professional Indemnity insurance
The successful applicant will receive a $5000 curatorial fee.
Please contact FCMG to discuss your proposal prior to submitting an EOI. Call Carmel Aiello or Alinde Bierhuizen on 02 9725 0190 or email email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is Sunday 27 September 2020. Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
– A one-page letter, proposal or pitch outlining the curatorial rationale and concepts you would like to explore in the exhibition.
– CV or bio (max. two pages)
– Contact details of two referees
First Nations people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.