Located in one of Australia’s most beautiful regional galleries – Museum of Art and Culture, Lake Macquarie, the Curator position is now available within a purpose built, architecturally designed, innovative building.
- Curate inspiring exhibitions within MAC and in association with the sister Multi Arts Pavilion (MAP) as part of the Lake Arts Precinct
- Be part of a dynamic creative team developing contemporary arts, culture and tourism experiences within our Community
- Industry-leading 12% super, flexible work options & wellness programs
As a member of the Arts, Culture & Tourism (ACT) team at LMCC, the Curator – Museum of Art and Culture (MAC) is responsible for the leadership and development of a diverse and innovative program including the presentation of contemporary art and installations, screen and digital art, touring and inhouse generate exhibitions across various media within an established regional gallery. Managing a diverse range of creative partnerships, the role will oversee the day-to-day operations of the MAC and assist the Arts Producer – Lake Arts Precinct in the management of commercial activities including tourism and visitor initiatives, funding, philanthropy and sponsorship management, public programs and lease relationships.
- may operate across departmental service delivery, Monday through to Sunday; 8.00am to 9.00pm.
- is located at the Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery with occasional visits to external sites/depots.
- requires a NSW Working with Children’s Check for paid employment to be completed prior to commencement (in which the department will subsidise/refund).
- From time to time may be working as a sole officer within the facility
We are seeking an enthusiastic and authentic degree qualified Curator to lead the development of engaging, vibrant and immersive programs of diverse exhibitions across various media and assist in the growth and development of the City’s visual art collection. Our ideal candidate will have a wide variety of experience within the public art galleries sector, both nationally and internationally, in the creation, touring, installation and catalogue and education delivery with a strong focus on engagement. Project management skills to manage simultaneous initiatives, coupled with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, will see you succeed in the role.