We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Curator to join a leading NSW Government Executive Agency. You will be part of a diverse, professional and dynamic team that supports Museums of History NSW (MHNSW) to achieve its goals and strategic objectives.
What the opportunity is:
- Employment with Museums of History NSW, NSW Department of Enterprise, Investment and Trade.
- Curator Grade 1 $122,331. Package includes salary ($91,472 to $109,371), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Ongoing full-time employment.
- The role will work across the Sydney area.
What we do
MHNSW brings together the museums, historic houses and associated collections previously in the care of Sydney Living Museums with the vast collection of more than 13 million items held by the former NSW State Archives. This includes one of the world’s most complete and important collections documenting colonisation.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us at MHNSW as we write the future of history!
What you’ll do with us
This role will provide high quality curatorial services to interpret, promote and develop collections and create informative, compelling and engaging curatorial content that ensures the strategic objectives and business goals of MHNSW are met.
What the essential requirements of the role are
- Degree qualification in history, cultural studies or similar fields and post graduate qualification in relevant area or equivalent experience.
- Experience in conducting research, analysing and communicating information about social/cultural and/or public history, historic buildings, sites and collections.
- Willingness to work across MHNSW sites and ability to travel to multiple locations.
You might also be interested in:
Casual Education & Public Programs Assistant
This job is with the Orange City Council and closes on 1 October 2023.
This job is with the Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens with no current closing date - suitable candidates will be interviewed after application submitted.