Curator, City Museums
We are looking for a bold and authentic Curator, City Museums who is interested in joining a leading NSW Government agency focused on creating a living future for the past so that our visitors can experience Sydney’s past as if they had lived it themselves.
What the opportunity is:
• Employment with Sydney Living Museums, NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet
• Curator Grade 1 – $118,779. Package includes salary ($89,215 – $106,672), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
• Ongoing full-time employment
• This role will be based in the City Museums Portfolio but will work across all agency sites and collections as required.
What you’ll do with us
This role provides high quality curatorial services to interpret, document, promote and develop collections and create informative, compelling and engaging curatorial content that ensures the objectives of the Historic Houses Trust Act 1980 and SLM’s strategic and business goals are met.
What the essential requirements of the role are
• Tertiary qualifications in history/museum studies/heritage interpretation or related field and relevant experience working in a multi-disciplinary cultural, museum or heritage environment.
• Experience in conducting research, analysing and communicating information about social/cultural and/or public history, historic buildings, sites and collections.
• Current NSW driver’s licence.
Closing date: Wednesday 20 October 2021Find out more
You might also be interested in:
Technical Assistant Digital Preservation
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 5 November 2021.
Museum Assistant (casual)
This job is with Hurstville Museum & Gallery and closes on 31 October 2021.