Cultural Collections Officer – Digital
A key role within our Cultural Services team.
Opportunities for career growth and professional development.
Be a part of an exciting, progressive and dynamic organisation!
About the role
Elevate your career by stepping into this key role, enabling you to share your expertise within a supportive team culture and innovative organisation!
This role will see the successful candidate apply their professional experience and knowledge to the collection management and digitisation of cultural, art and heritage objects within the Museum, Gallery and Public Art collections.
The Museum and Gallery unit sits within the Cultural Services team which, as part of the Community Programs Section, delivers on a variety of community programs, venues and services with the aim to meet the MyCoffs community strategic vision of a connected, sustainable and thriving community.
The successful candidate, as a member of the Museum and Gallery unit, will play a key role in the successful transition into Yarrila Arts and Museum (YAM) at Yarilla Place. This role is responsible for;
- Management and digitisation of cultural and heritage collection items including the museum, gallery and public art collections.
- Undertaking collection management tasks to support the acquisition, exhibition, handling, storage and conservation of collection objects.
- Specialist collection management support for curatorial projects, complex enquiries, acquisitions, valuations and object conservation and preservation.
- Support in the delivery of public programs and outreach activities.
- Support implementation of policies and procedures that promote best collection management practices and efficient sustainable processes.
What attributes does a Cultural Collections Officer – Digital demonstrate?
- High level of interpersonal skills, professional values and technical skills relating to maintaining and administering collection records.
- A genuine passion for history, art, cultural and heritage collections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digitisation technologies and metadata standards, relating to museum and gallery collections.
What’s on offer?
- Starting salary $65K + Super with considerations for increased salary based on experience.
- Permanent Full Time 35 hours per week
- Coffs Coast Based with hybrid work options available
- Relocation Support & Assistance
- Generous leave entitlements – Long service leave after 5 years
- Scope for performance based salary increases
- Leaseback vehicle options
- Free onsite parking
What are the essentials?
- Diploma in History, Museum, Visual Arts or Information Technology studies, OR
- Equivalent knowledge and experience of contemporary cultural collection practices in a museum and/or gallery setting.
- Demonstrated experience in museum or gallery collection care and registration services including creation and maintenance of digital records.
- Demonstrated experience in providing collection management support for exhibition and program development.
- Current C Class drivers Licence
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
The City of Coffs Harbour
Committed to the Pursuit of Excellence. The City of Coffs Harbour strives to deliver excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do.
We support our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally while being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
Michelle Smith, Team Leader Cultural Services
(P) 0447 167 389
To apply for this job go to: https://coffsharbour.recruitmenthub.com.au/Positions-Vacant & enter ref code: 6225674.
City of Coffs Harbour is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and backgrounds to apply.Find Out More
You might also be interested in:
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 5 February 2023.
Videographer/Creative Content Producer
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 6 February 2023.