Creative Programs Producer
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
About the Role:
The Northern Rivers Community Gallery (NRCG), with Ignite Studios is a community-engaged cultural hub in the Northern Rivers region working with local, regional and national communities.
We collaborate with artists, communities and organisations to build capacity, create opportunities and drive social change. We are a regional contemporary arts space providing a platform for important conversations and cultural exchange.
Our professional cultural facility includes four exhibition spaces, visiting artist-in-residence space, subsidised creative studios, accessible workshop and event spaces enabling the production and presentation of culturally relevant programs and creative works with, for and by local, regional and national communities and artists.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join Council’s Gallery team. Reporting to the Gallery Coordinator, this position is responsible for providing high level assistance in facilitating the development and delivery of a range of new and core creative public programs for the Northern Rivers Community Gallery (NRCG) and Ignite Studios.
To be successful you will bring:
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualifications in arts, event management or related field within a cultural facility, Local Government or related industry.
- Demonstrated experience in the project management of participation based arts programming and projects from concept to completion, in interpreting and coordinating program/event requirements, production of marketing collateral, artist agreements and of scoping and managing project budgets and resources.
- Experience in establishing partnerships and maintaining effective relationships with arts, community and government stakeholders locally, nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrated well-developed communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven competency in the use of information technology such as Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp and online booking systems such as Skedda and Trybooking.
- Physically able and willing to undertake physical work associated with sourcing special materials and equipment and to assist with the setup and pack down of events and programs when required.
11.30pm on Friday 28 January 2022Find Out More
You might also be interested in:
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 30 January 2022.
James O Fairfax Senior Fellow of Culture and Environment
This job is with the National Museum of Australia and closes on 30 January 2022.
This job is with the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia and closes on 31 January 2022.