Collections Officer, Documentation
We are looking for an authentic and enthusiastic Collections Officer, Documentation who is interested in joining a leading NSW Government agency focused on creating a living future for the past so that our visitors can experience Sydney’s past as if they had lived it themselves.
What the opportunity is:
- Employment with Sydney Living Museums, NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet
- Assistant Registrar, Grade 1 – $83,727. Package includes salary ($61,583 – $75,532), employer’s contribution to supperannuation and annual leave loading.
- Temporary full-time employment (for a period up to 31 December 2021).
- The role will be based at The Mint in Sydney’s CBD and Western Sydney Records Centre, Kingswood but will also be required to work across other locations as directed.
What you’ll do with us
Assist in the implementation of processes and systems to ensure intellectual and legal control of Sydney Living Museums’ collection are properly conducted and documented.
What the essential requirements of the role are:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a museum environment and a degree qualification in a museum studies, heritage or related field.
- Knowledge of decorative arts or domestic history or Australian social and cultural history.
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques/procedures for handling, display, transportation and storage of museum objects.
- Experience working with software applications/databases used to maintain and update collection information.
- Ability to manage lifting, carrying, standing, kneeling and moving around heritage sites, both internal and external environments is a genuine occupational requirement.
You might also be interested in:
First Nations Artist Educator
This job is with Rockhampton Museum of Art and closes on 26 April 2021.
MAMA Communications Officer
This job is with the Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) and closes on 25 April 2021.
Exhibition Project Officer (SMP)
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 20 April 2021.