Collections Officer, Documentation
We are looking for an authentic and enthusiastic Collections Officer, Documentation who is interested in joining a leading NSW Government agency focused on creating a living future for the past so that our visitors can experience Sydney’s past as if they had lived it themselves.
What the opportunity is:
- Employment with Sydney Living Museums, NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet
- Assistant Registrar, Grade 1 – $85, 821. Package includes salary ($62, 839 – $77, 073), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Temporary full-time employment (for a period up to 12 months).
- The role will be based at The Mint in Sydney’s CBD and Western Sydney Records Centre, Kingswood but will also be required to work across other locations as directed.
What you’ll do with us
Sydney Living Museums (SLM) is rolling out a series of exciting initiatives designed to increase public access to and engagement with its diverse collections. SLM’s Collections and Access unit will play a key role in the planning and delivery of these initiatives and seeks to appoint two experienced registration professionals; a Registrar, Collections Management (00008DGY) and a Collections Officer, Documentation (00008DOB). We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to the principles of public access and to providing high quality collections management services for projects and core business.
This role will assist in the implementation of processes and systems to ensure intellectual and legal control of Sydney Living Museums’ collection are properly conducted and documented.
What the essential requirements of the role are:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a museum environment and a degree qualification in a museum studies, heritage or related field.
- Knowledge of decorative arts or domestic history or Australian social and cultural history.
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques/procedures for handling, display, transportation and storage of museum objects.
- Experience working with software applications/databases used to maintain and update collection information.
- Ability to manage lifting, carrying, standing, kneeling and moving around heritage sites, both internal and external environments is a genuine occupational requirement.
You might also be interested in:
Associate Director, First Nations
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 8 August 2021.
Public Programs Coordinator
This job is with Blue Mountains Cultural Centre and closes on 15 August 2021.