Collections Officer, Digital Assets
We are looking for an passionate and collaborative Collections Officer, Digital Assets who is interested in joining a leading NSW Government agency focused on creating a living future for the past so that our visitors can experience Sydney’s past as if they had lived it themselves.
What the opportunity is:
- Employment with Sydney Living Museums, NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet
- Assistant Registrar, Grade 1 – $85, 821. Package includes salary ($62, 839 – $77, 073), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading (full time equivalent).
- Temporary part-time employment, 21 hours per week (for a period up to March 2022). If a suitable candidate Is sourced an additional role may be activated at 21 hours per week until January 2022.
- The role will be based at The Mint in Sydney’s CBD but will also be required to work across other locations as directed.
What you’ll do with us
Sydney Living Museums (SLM) is rolling out a series of exciting initiatives designed to increase public access to and engagement with its diverse collections. SLM’s Collections and Access unit will play a key role in the planning and delivery of these initiatives and seeks to appoint four experienced collections management professionals. We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to the principles of public access and to providing high quality collections management services for projects and core business.
This role will contribute to the content and development of Sydney Living Museums’ Digital Asset Management system [DAMS] for managing, discovering, describing and delivering professional digital image assets, with a focus on SLM collections, including file management, ingestion, assessment, metadata creation and the use of information databases, archiving, rights and copyright management to meet project standards and workflows.
What the essential requirements of the role are:
- Relevant experience in a museum environment, with a degree qualification in a related field.
- Knowledge of decorative arts or domestic design history or Australian social and cultural history.
- Experience working with software applications, information management systems and databases to maintain and update collection related data, particularly for photography or digital assets.
You might also be interested in:
Collections Officer, Collection Digitisation Project
This job is with Sydney Living Museums and closes on 2 August 2021.
Gallery Assistants (Casual)
This job is with Ngununggula | Retford Park Southern Highlands Regional Gallery and closes on 6 August 2021.