Collections Officer, Collections Database Integration
We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Collections Officer, Collections Database Integration who is interested in joining a leading NSW Government agency focused on creating a living future for the past so that our visitors can experience Sydney’s past as if they had lived it themselves.
What the opportunity is:
- Employment with Sydney Living Museums, NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet
- Assistant Registrar Grade 2 – $97, 423. Package includes salary ($78, 736 – $87, 493), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading (full-time equivalent).
- Temporary part-time employment 21 hours per week (for a period up to January 2022).
- The role will be based at The Mint in Sydney’s CBD but will also be required to work across other locations as directed.
What the essential requirements of the role are:
- Extensive knowledge and experience working in a museum environment with demonstrated practice in collection management processes and documentation.
- Relevant experience on the technical integration of Collections Management databases, Vernon CMS preferable, and other software applications or information management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare high quality documentation and reports, and collaborate with team members and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of decorative arts or domestic design history or Australian social and cultural history.
- Current NSW driver’s licence.
You might also be interested in:
Digital Education Project Officer
This job is with the Australian National Maritime Museum and closes on 2 August 2021.