- Temporary, full time appointment up to 2 years
- Sydney CBD – The Domain
- Clerk Grade 3/4
- Total Remuneration Package up to $87,900
- Salary range ($72,419 to $79,297)
Established in 1871, the Art Gallery of New South Wales is located in Sydney’s The Domain adjacent to the Royal Botanic Garden and near the Central Business District, the Gallery acknowledges the original custodians of this land – the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Gallery attracts around 1.4 million visitors annually and runs Australia’s largest education program with over 90,000 student and teacher visits per year.
With the recent approval of our expansion project, the Gallery is poised to deliver a new state-of-the-art building, located next to our existing and much-loved building. Providing us with close to double the current exhibition space, the expanded Gallery will enable us to share more art with more people and provide more family, learning and educational programming for all our audiences.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are seeking diverse, collaborative, supportive and brilliant individuals to work alongside our existing talent and build on our rich history to create an even more inspiring Gallery for the future.
For more information about the Gallery and our future, please visit our website www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability.
About the Role
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and support services to facilitate the operation of the Campaign team, working to secure funding for capital, acquisition, and programmatic initiatives in support of the Gallery’s expansion project.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in arts, communication or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a previous administrative role and experience dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and customer relationship management systems (CRM) experience.
- Willingness and ability to attend events outside of business hours