Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking an experienced Audience Coordinator to join the Newcastle Art Gallery team. Newcastle Art Gallery is the Hunter region’s leading visual arts institution and is committed to fostering a passion and curiosity for the visual arts and the city’s nationally significant art collection by providing high quality services to the community.
As the Audience Coordinator you’ll be responsible for attracting and building Art Gallery audiences. You will lead a small team in delivering authentic and engaging visitor experiences by managing the development and implementation of effective audience programs and marketing strategies, with the view to increase and diversify audiences and their engagement.
Drawing on your passion for the arts and proven experience in a similar leadership role, your key responsibilities will include developing, coordinating and implementing effective audience development programs and marketing strategies; budget and project management; staff and volunteer management; identifying and implementing grant and sponsorship opportunities, as well as community engagement activities and networking.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Arts Marketing, Art Education, Museum Studies, Arts Administration or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in a public Art Gallery at a senior level specialising in audience development and programs with evidence of superior skills in undertaking research, planning, development, implementation and marketing of these activities.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role including the management of a diverse team of staff and volunteers and a proven ability to positively contribute within a multi-disciplinary management team.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills with experience in the preparation and presentation of oral and written material on the visual arts to a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation, interpersonal, time management and project management skills and the ability to determine priorities and manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing communication, marketing and promotion strategies and activities including audience research, generating marketing collateral, publications, media liaison and experience in developing, negotiating and managing, partnerships, sponsorship and grant funding.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated capacity to implement a WHS System within the work environment.
Other valuable skills you have:
- Qualifications in marketing and/or public relations.