Assistant Gallery Director/Senior Curator
- Opportunity to join high performing art gallery team in senior position
- Full-time permanent opportunity with a Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks
- Total Remuneration Package from $93,239 pa (inclusive of super)
Mosman Art Gallery is an award winning regional gallery that is part of the Cultural Services unit of Mosman Council. Mosman Council is committed to its community, innovation, the environment and making a difference at the local level. The recruitment and selection of talented staff committed to giving back to the community is a high priority for us, as we know our reputation relies on it.
Our employees enjoy many great benefits, including a 3-weekly Rostered Days Off for full-time staff, public transport travel subsidy program, tertiary study assistance, health and well-being initiatives and annual Award increases and performance reviews.
We offer a professional and flexible working environment and take pride in having a supportive and progressive workplace culture. We have been formally recognised as an exceptional place to work, winning the Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2019.
About the Opportunity
We are now seeking a talented, suitably qualified and experienced professional to join our Art Gallery team.
The Assistant Gallery Director/Senior Curator plays a critical role in the coordination of the exhibitions program for Mosman Art Gallery including direct development and overseeing of exhibitions and services, scheduling of programming, development and delivery of education programs/public programming and the creation of marketing materials and strategies. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker who has a highly developed and demonstrated success working in art galleries. You must also have the ability to balance exceptional administrative skills with effective leadership and a key focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
Opportunities like this are rare so don’t miss out on this amazing chance to make your mark on the arts in Mosman!
We are looking for someone with…
- Degree level qualifications and relevant experience in fine arts, arts administration or associated field
- Project management skills with the ability to coordinate and implement visual arts program curatorship to achieve desired outcomes
- Supervisory skills with the ability to provide direction and guidance to a small team of Gallery staff
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the capacity to build collaborative partnerships, networks and connections with a range of stakeholders including Gallery staff, artists, curators, and external contractors
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a high-pressure team environment
Applications close 15 June 2021Find out more
You might also be interested in:
Collections and Stories Project Officer
We are currently seeking a Project Officer to assist us in delivering the next phase of the Collections and Stories Project. Applications close on 28 June 2021.
Chief Operating Officer
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 27 June 2021.