Artist Relations Co-ordinator
The Artist Relations Co-ordinator is a part of the Artist Relations team at Sullivan+Strumpf. This person works closely with one of the directors of the gallery and is responsible for assisting the director through artist support in the development of projects for a designated group of artists represented by the gallery. You will be involved in the planning and coordination of our artists’ activities within the gallery including onsite exhibitions, loans, art fairs and special projects. You will have experience with grant writing, project management, collection management systems, the production of marketing collateral and copy for publication across typical gallery communications platforms, including a bi-monthly magazine. Your primary responsibility is to support artists’ in meeting all production deadlines and you will be their main point of contact. The chosen candidate will be highly organised, adaptable and have exceptional attention to detail, with writing experience highly desirable.
This is a full-time position, 9am to 5pm Tuesday to Saturday, with presence at some evening events required.
– Support represented artists and the director daily
– Oversee and manage all aspects of exhibitions and select project planning of designated artists
– Working with the director and together with the Artist Relations and Exhibitions teams to develop exhibition
– Liaise with artists to produce marketing collateral for the gallery across its platforms and the production of
writing for publication in the gallery’s bi-monthly magazine.
– 2 – 4 years’ experience in a museum or gallery, or a related industry
– Excellent communication skills, including excellent written and spoken expression
– Excellent attention to detail
– Strong organisation and project management skills
– Design skills highly desirable
Commensurate with experience.
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a short statement addressing each of the key criteria.
Please forward all applications and address all enquiries to Harriet Reid, Gallery Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in:
Project Officer, Recordkeeping Standards & Advice
This job is with the State Archives and Records Authority and closes on 26 May 2022.
Marketing & Membership Assistant
This job is with the Sydney Jewish Museum and closes on 31 May 2022.