Our Lady’s Nurses for the Poor is seeking applications for an experienced archivist with an understanding of religious collections to develop and manage their archive at Coogee.
• The Archivist will be responsible for the care of all archival material and artefacts held in the collection at Our Lady’s Home, Coogee.
• The Archivist will carry out and supervise all cataloguing and research of collection objects.
• Due to the historical significance of the collection, the Archivist will provide
services to the wider Church and the general public, who may demonstrate a specific and appropriate interest in accessing information from the collection.
• The Archivist will work closely with other staff, volunteers and the Sisters of Our Lady’s Nurses for the Poor.
SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE and EDUCATION:
• Tertiary qualifications and experience in archives, museum and cultural heritage
• Knowledge of contemporary archival and records management practices and standards.
• High-level problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in responding appropriately to requests for access to the collection
• Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to enhance efficiencies regarding digital storage and access to the collections.
• Knowledge and appreciation of history and of the value of historic records and objects.
• An understanding of religious orders and their archive
Applications, including a CV with educational qualifications, work experience and contact details of two referees, should be made in writing to Andrew Summerell, Project Manager, Museum and Archives Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or Locked Bag 3100, Coogee, 2034.
Remuneration: $48.75 per hour
35 hours per week
Closing date: 20th May 2022Find out more
You might also be interested in:
Coordinator, Programs Administration
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 27 May 2022.
Personal Assistant & Gallery Administrator
This job is with Roslyn Oxley9 Gallery and closes on 21 June 2022.