Administration Assistant – Arts & Culture
Shoalhaven City Council are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic new member of the Arts and Culture team.
This is a 13-month, fixed term, full-time position working 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm) and will be based at Shoalhaven Regional Gallery Nowra.
This position needs someone with a strong attention to detail, and excellent ability to multi-task as no two days are the same. The position holder helps with direct customer service for visitors to the gallery, undertakes a wide range of administrative duties and works alongside the Gallery Officer to manage the shop and associated sales. The position holder will also be working with the Arts and Culture Manager to develop and grow private giving and philanthropic support for the Gallery.
Reporting directly to the Manager – Arts & Culture, the focus of this position is to:
– Provide administrative assistance and business support to the Manager, Arts & Culture team and Shoalhaven Regional Gallery
– Deliver an excellent customer experience for all visitors and facility users to Shoalhaven Regional Gallery
Provide support to the Arts and Culture Manager in fundraising and development
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
– Certificate IV in Business administration, Certificate IV in Arts Administration or at least 3 years relevant work experience.
– Class C Driver’s Licence
– RSA Certificate (or ability to obtain within 3 months)
This position requires a current NSW Working with Children Check. Applicants are required to apply and pay for this check if not already obtained.
Council requires applicants for this position to undergo a National Criminal History Check during the recruitment process. This check will be at the expense of Council.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
– Generous Leave Entitlements
– Long Service Leave After 5 Years
– 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
– Flexitime for Indoor Staff
– Fitness Passport
– Novated Lease Arrangements
– Discounted Private Health Insurance
– Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to submit an online application by attaching your resume (please ensure you submit in Word or PDF format) and respond to questions regarding general information about you.
In addition, you will be required to demonstrate how you satisfy the requirements of the position by answering the below questions relevant to the essential criteria as outlined in the job advertisement.
For more information on the application process, please visit how to apply on Councils website.
1. At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect.
2. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
3. Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
4. What does customer service mean to you?
5. This position requires an NSW Working With Children Check, please provide your Working With Children Check number.
Contact: Bronwyn Coulston – Manager – Arts & Culture (02) 4429 5441
Applications Close: Thursday, 19 May 2022 (at Midnight)
Shoalhaven City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing diversity and inclusion, and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation emailFind out more
You might also be interested in:
Coordinator, Programs Administration
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 27 May 2022.
Personal Assistant & Gallery Administrator
This job is with Roslyn Oxley9 Gallery and closes on 21 June 2022.