Communities and Vulnerable People – Volunteer Management
Grants are to support the ongoing delivery of services or one-off projects and activities to encourage,
support and increase participation in volunteering.
The purpose of the grants is to:
• provide support and recognition for volunteers
• maximise and promote volunteering participation, including opportunities to increase the
diversity of volunteers and the ways in which people volunteer
• maximise opportunities for volunteering to provide pathways to other forms of social and
• support the development of a volunteering sector that is responsive to emerging trends and
• encourage/maximise leadership, mentoring and volunteering activity
• provide on-the-ground support and information for volunteers and volunteer-using organisations
in locations where there is identified need
• provide access to the resources and support volunteers and volunteer using organisations
need to operate effectively and efficiently, and
• build effective volunteering practices and opportunities within organisations and communities.