The Aboriginal Reference Committee supports the work of the Aboriginal Projects team with advice and feedback, particularly in relation to community cultural development work. All of the committee representatives have firsthand knowledge and close ties to Aboriginal culture in NSW, based on the work they undertake in their current roles.
From these various perspectives and practices, the most comprehensive perspective on the state of Aboriginal cultural reclamation and development in NSW is possible.
Aboriginal Reference Committee members
- Ronald Briggs, Indigenous Services Librarian, State Library of NSW
- Phil Gordon, Cultural Collections and Community Engagement, Australian Museum
- Keith Munro, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Programs Curator, Museum of Contemporary Art
- Professor Larissa Behrendt, Director Research Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning, University of Technology, Sydney
- Joanne Buckskin Senior Policy Advisor (Aboriginal) Local Government NSW