- About Us
- Sector Development
- Consultants Register
- Contact Us
Sign up for the Alert!
M&G NSW weekly
The NSW Statewide results of Museums & Galleries NSW’s Strategic Audience Development Study, Guess Who’s Going to the Gallery?, was launched by The Hon. Virginia Judge M.P. B.Ed.- Minster for the Arts at the Australia Council for the Arts on Friday 28 January.
With core project funding from the Australia council the State report brings together over 7,000 responses from 41 galleries across NSW collected between 2007 & 2010.
The research reveals that if you have 10 people standing in front of an artwork in a public gallery, it is likely that:
- At least one will speak a language other than English at home;
- At least two will be tourists;
- Two will be under 35 and at least three aged between 35-54;
- Four will be from a household earning less than $40,000 and only two of them will be from a household earning more than $80,000;
- At least five will live within the gallery’s local government area;
- At least five will work (full or part time) and two will be retired;
- Two will have finished secondary level schooling, and
- Two will have a post graduate degree;
- Five will have been to that gallery more than four times in the past two years, but for three of them, it will be their first visit;
- Two will have come with their partner, three by themselves, with the others coming with family and/or friends;
- Almost all of them will have rated their visit as “Good” or “Terrific”.
Download the NSW State Report – Short Form
For more information on M&G NSW Audience Research, including the results ofYear 1 & 2 of the Strategic Audience Development Study, click here
To obtain a copy of the full report, high resolution media images or for more information about M&G NSW’s Audience Evaluation and Development Study please contact:
General Manager, Finance and Administration
Ph +612 9339 9912