- About Us
- Sector Development
- Consultants Register
- Contact Us
Sign up for the Alert!
M&G NSW weekly
National Exhibition Touring Support (NETS) agencies
Museums & Galleries NSW (NSW)
NETS Victoria (VIC)
Art on the Move (WA)
LIst of online resources
- Travelling Exhibitions: A Practical Handbook for Metropolitan and Regional Galleries and Museums by Sara Kelly, published by NETS Victoria, 2002. Information about Budgeting and a Touring Exhibition Checklist from this resource are available online.
- Venue Finder, Collections Australia Network
- Standards for touring exhibitions, published by Collections Link (UK), a UK advisory service managed by the Collections Trust in partnership with the Institute of Conservation (ICON) and the National Preservation Office (NPO).
- Touring Exhibitions DIY Pack, Scottish Arts Council, (UK) 2005
- For best practice guidelines for artist loan fees for funded exhibitions, National Association for the Visual Arts.
- Facility Reports: Examples can be found at:
- Sample Contracts, Artslaw Centre of Australia
- Touring Checklist, Simpsons Solicitors, Sydney
- Loan Agreement example, Simpsons Solicitors, Sydney
- The Loan of Work for Public Exhibition example, Simpsons Solicitors, Sydney
- Simple Loans Administration, Museums Association (UK), 2007
- Copyright, Simpsons Solicitors, Sydney
- Copyright, Artslaw
- Artists Rights, Viscopy
- Travelling Exhibitions: A Practical Handbook for Metropolitan and Regional Galleries and Museums by Sara Kelly, published by NETS Victoria, 2002
- Exhibitions Register, Museums & Galleries NSW
- Media Relations for Exhibitions on Tour, Australia Council
- Travelling Exhibitions Marketing Guide, National Gallery of Australia
- Condition Reporting and General Conservation Guidelines for Touring Exhibitions Provides guidelines and information for artworkers involved in handling travelling exhibitions, by Errol J. Allen, an ART ON THE MOVE skills publication
- Supports and packaging for museum objects in travelling exhibitions, AICCM Bulletin Volume 15 No. 3&4 (1989), pp. 29-40
- Richard Ashbridge, Planning the packing for a touring exhibition, V&A online Journal SUMMER 2006: NUMBER 53
- Visions of Australia - Office for the Arts - The Visions of Australia program is the Australian Government’s national touring Exhibitions funding program. It assists eligible organisations to develop and tour Exhibitions of Australian Cultural Material throughout Australia. Funding is available for both Development and Touring costs. There are two funding rounds each year.
- Curatorial Support Initiative (CSI) – Museums & Galleries NSW. The new Curatorial Support Initiative grants scheme offers New South Wales regional public galleries assistance towards engaging a professional curator (emerging or established) to research and/or develop a new exhibition of contemporary visual arts, craft and design for their community. The program is designed to encourage the involvement of external curators in the development of exhibitions that enhance an organisation’s artistic program, extend public engagement with contemporary artistic practice and expand the professional skills of the curators and other professionals involved.
- Artist and Curator in Residence Program (ACR) - Museums & Galleries NSW. The ACR Program offers the opportunity for regional public galleries to engage established artists or curators to undertake a residency activity within their community. The program is designed to provide artists or curators with the time and space to research, create and/or develop new work and consequently support innovative and adventurous contemporary art in regional New South Wales.
- Arts Funding Program (AFP) - Arts NSW. The Arts Funding Program offers a range of opportunities that support artists and arts and cultural organisations in NSW.
Applications are invited from NSW arts and cultural organisations and NSW-based professional arts practitioners working across all artforms and disciplines.
For further information on funding opportunities and grants see the Museums & Galleries NSW Grants and Funding booklet.